Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here's to you Mr. Waste Management Worker...and a pretty good first day



You faithfully come, rain or shine (it doesn't really rain here)
We pile it high, you haul it away.
Even when the can overflows, we hear no complaints.
You give my kids something to look forward to every Monday morning,
And for that, we salute you!


Just watchin' the trash man, 7:00 Monday morning, every week!


We had a pretty good "first day." No major occurrances, and the girls got along most of the time. While I was making dinner, the girls went in the back yard to play. When I looked out, they was standing on the sides of their swimming pool, letting ALL the water out. Allie later informed me that she let the water out so Olivia wouldn't drown. Thanks Allie for being so considerate of your sister and for watering the entire yard.
Since it was our anniversary, I made a somewhat fancy dinner (how fancy can it be with three kids?). We had salmon with a roasted red pepper sauce over pasta, green beans, and some garlic cheddar biscuits. We have a tradition on our anniversary that we usually go to Red Lobster (or at least have seafood), so we tried to continue that this year. One of the perks of living here is the fresh seafood (really good!). All in all, supper was quite tasty and everyone ate it up, even our pickiest eater. For dessert, Charlie and I had cherry cake and sparkling apple/cranberry cider.
Charlie's first day must have been a little rough. He looked pretty worn out when he got home. I asked if he was going to die this year and he said "It's possible," with a sheepish grin. He did his orientation yesterday, then worked a little. He even delivered one baby. He's going to be supervising the residents this year which he's not crazy about and he will have to take call every third night starting this Wednesday. All-in-all it will be like being in residency one more year with a little more money (not much though).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Guys-- I am making our blog private so if you would like to keep up with us shoot me an email and I'll add you to our list.