Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Encouragement comes in the form of the dryer repair man

This week has been pretty crazy to say the least and it is only Wednesday. Monday we spent the day running all over town buying Christmas presents (actually I ran all over town, I think Charlie went to maybe two stores) but I think we got it all done. Then yesterday, our dryer quit and the day got even better when my prospective job fell through. Then to top it off, Claire took such a long afternoon nap, that she peed in her bed, but I couldn't wash her bedding b/c I had no way of drying them. Needless to say, I was getting a little stressed. Stressed b/c we just spent a good chunk of money on presents, then the dryer breaks, I lose my job, and we are trying to build a house and move in a month which will require more money. I'm stressing about money and typically that's Charlie's job. So back to the long story; I had agreed to work 3 days a week at one place, but then yesterday they informed me that they now want a full-time dentist instead so they offered me that. Not really interested in that, so today I spent the day talking to several doctors trying to find a place to work. I did find one that was optimistic, so I'm praying that something will work out there. And it is nearby where we will be living so that is even better since the other would have been a pretty long commute. I was pretty bummed about the first job not working out, but then something in my head (or maybe it was just Charlie) kept telling my that perhaps God will open up a better opportunity for me. Anyway, I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. I just hate job hunting... with a passion. And it's even worse doing it from 1700 miles away. Oh well, I know God will provide. Things did start looking up when he sent a nice man to fix our dryer today. It was the end of the day and the guy had already worked us in to his schedule, then he told me that the part we needed he didn't have with him so he would have to run into town to get it. But he said he didn't mind going and getting it if it wouldn't interfere with my schedule. I told him I would gladly wait for him. So about an hour later (about 5:30) he was back and he fixed the dryer good as new. Then out of the blue he started asking me about my family and such. He asked what my husband did for a living, yada... yada... yada. I told him he was a doctor, so he goes on to say he doesn't see how young couples do it these days, coming out of medical school in debt up to their eyes ( I just kept nodding in agreement). Then, he surprised me by saying, "Well, you'll do fine. God will bless you..." Amazing how God provided a complete stranger to give me just the encouragement I needed after these last couple of days of craziness. And it didn't cost us out the wazoo. And Claire can have clean sheets. Things are definately looking up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know as well as I do God does have something better in store. Satan always tries to put bumps, curves, holes etc. in our path but God seems to smooth the road out. Just keep seeking him and he will make it all work out. Times get so crazy before they get better. Keep your head up Anna and I will keep you in our Prayers. Love You all and can't wait to see you. Jamie