Friday was Claire's birthday. My baby is 3 years old! So hard to believe it's been three years already! I felt bad that Friday was kind of a flop for her (read on), but we did celebrate with her the past two weekends, so I doubt she really knew the difference. Anyway, Happy Birthday Claire, we love you!
We've made it to the 20 week mark (yea!), just 20 more. It's always nice getting to this point, kind of like getting to the second trimester. I always feel a little more relief, just five more weeks to viability. The baby seems to be doing well, getting more active, and her kicks are getting stronger. The girls keep asking if they can feel her move, but we haven't been able to catch her yet. Maybe soon.
We had a really busy weekend. I went to Tulsa early Friday morning (Claire's bday) for a two day CE conference. I dropped the girls off around 5 a.m. at Charlie's parents and went on my way, they were still in their pajamas. (Thankfully, to a 3 year old life doesn't get much better than spending your day with grandma and grandpa). I spent most of Friday and Saturday listening to lectures (so exciting!), but I did get to catch up with several friends from dental school so that was fun. I went out to dinner Friday night with some good friends, three of us are pregnant. We have kind of a funny/strange history. Erin, Jennifer and I had two babies our 3rd and 4th years of school, all of which were girls. Then, the year after graduation, two of us had our third, born only two days apart. Now all three of us are at it again. Erin is due in about 3 weeks, having a girl. Jennifer and I are due one week apart, both with our fourth, she's having a boy and we're having a girl. And no, we don't plan this. In fact we only talk about once every 6 months are so. But I think we all agreed this is the last for all of us.
So while I was in Tulsa, Charlie was on call this weekend. He shares call with four other docs, so it is a pretty nice arrangement. He covers about one weekend a month. But he was definately busy, he said he rounded on 20-25 hospital patients. Since he was running back and forth to the hospital, the girls stayed with his parents Friday and Saturday. They had a great time of course, and were not happy when I picked them up to take them home on Saturday evening. Oh well, sometimes mom is just no fun!
2 comments:
Happy belated birthday Claire!=)
Happy Birthday to my blonde girl. Well you had me going I was expecting something bad that was going to happen. Whoo don't scare me like that again. JK!! Good to get away with the girls isn't it That is what I love about hairshows. Jamie
Post a Comment