Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hotter than blazes.... whatever that means


The latest trend in swimming pools...


New swing set...


In case you haven't seen the big red spot on the weather map lately, it's right over our house. It is HOT! And why I picked this summer to be having a baby I have yet to figure out. We've been at about 110/112 the past two days. So what do you do when it's scorching outside? You wear as little clothing as possible and stay wet. Earlier this summer Charlie set the girls' swimming pool up, but the dogs swam in it and tore a hole in it.... so there went that. Then we decided we needed something a little sturdier that they couldn't tear up. Hence the silver stock tank. It's nice and roomy and the kids loved it. Our nephew Jake came over and spent the day with us, so they swam for a while then played on the swing set. The swings were pretty hot on their hineys so we kept spraying them down with cold water. Poor Charlie spent 3 1/2 hours putting the play set together, I just stuck to being the water girl and helping him when he asked me. He's a good guy!

Well, on a different note, I went to the doctor on Friday. Our girl is looking very healthy, HR was in the 130's and we could even see her making breathing movements so that is a good sign. My doctor also noted that she has long legs and a long neck (must take after her dad). We are tentatively planning my c-section for Labor Day (yea! Just 8 more weeks). Since this is my fourth section, my doctor has been watching the thickness of my "lower uterine segment" (aka my old scar) to make sure it doesn't get too thin. I am right at 1 cm thickness, which really isn't very thick, but he said that was really good at this point so he wasn't worried. She is also breech, but that doesn't really matter. My kids usually are breech, I think they just don't like sitting on their heads :)

7 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

We had a stock tank pool growing up! Good stuff right there!

Amanda said...

We had one too, and loved it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
I have been thinking that I might want to go and buy another one here for the house just to cool of in. It is just awefull up here too. I'm not used to the heat anymore so I don't venture out to far. Take care I'm glad everything is going well for you and the baby.
Love You, Aunt Cheryl

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

In the winter you can have a mini ice skating rink!

Stay cool!

Michelle said...

oh don't you worry, since I'll be staying at home even if we move before the baby comes I'll still come to take some pictures!!

captain kriss said...

I see your pool has it's own diving board. Nice.

captain kriss said...

Oh, and is that a hot wire fence in the background? Does that keep the girls from wandering off?