Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Fun

I apologize for the tons of pictures, but I figured I might as well get them all on here while I have the motivation. So hope you enjoy! The following two posts cover the last two weeks. Most of them are of our vacation to Branson. We had a great time being away. We went to some shows, the Dixie Stampede, Silver Dollar City, and White Water. It was great entertainment for the girls and it was a nice break from the heat we've been having at home.



Enjoying a little watermelon... they weren't too impressed but were kind enough to share with the dogs.


Fourth of July



Olivia was not a fan of the fireworks, this is how she spent her time...


Claire, on the other hand, loved them... her sisters desserted her once the popping began.



Silver Dollar City



Me and my sidekick... and yes, I actually rode some of the rides. Charlie had to test some of them out before he let me get on, but some weren't too bad. We were more limited on what the girls were tall enough to ride. I think Olivia only qualified for one, so we circled that one several times....



The frogs...



Aren't they cute?



Name this object....




If you guessed a penny run over by a train, you would be correct. We stopped in Eureka Springs and spent a couple days. We took the girls on a train ride. As a souvenier, the conductor let us get off and put a penny on the track. Here they are putting their money down.



Waiting to leave...





Our train...




Lots of pretty flowers in Eureka Springs....







This shot was taken at one of the "springs." They were more like wet rocks, but the scenery was nice nonetheless.



Bringing up the slacker.... Miss Olivia decided she was not going to ride in the stroller, unfortunately she has a tendancy to drag behind and check everything out on her own terms. That means the rest of us spent a large portion of our time walking back to get her.


Going to see Jesus... we went to the Passion Play in Eureka Springs. It was pretty neat, the girls actually liked it since it had real animals and was set outside. They had a huge statue of Jesus nearby.... Allie wasn't quite sure what to make of it.


4 comments:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Don't ever apologize for too many pictures...That's the best part. I want to see a pic of your belly!!!!

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

Amen sister! The pictures are the best part! Thanks for posting. Looks like y'all had a great vacation and visit back home. We missed you.

AuntieAimee said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time and got home safely. Love all the pics - especially the one of Miss Claire watching the fireworks with her fingers in her ears!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - thanks for sharing. We enjoyed seeing everybody except Lisa and Kemmel whom we missed very much=(.
Looks like you had a fun vacation. Love, Mama