Friday, August 14, 2009

News from the underbelly

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at which we did an ultrasound to check my scar thickness. In just 3-4 weeks my uterine scar has thinned 6 mm... that's quite a bit. I was at 1 cm last time he scanned me and today I was down to 4.2 mm. He says he doesn't like to get below 4.0 mm. So.... we may be having this baby early. My doctor leaves out of town at the end of next week so he wants to see me on Tuesday to re-check it. If it's any thinner we will go ahead and deliver on Tuesday (the 18th). I'm actually hoping we can go ahead and deliver so I won't have to worry about it thinning more while he's out of town. Plus we are just ready to meet this little girl. The good news is I'll be 36 wks on Monday, so most babies do fine by this age. Also, he estimated her weight at a little over 6 lbs already. Please keep us in your prayers that whatever happens, we will have a healthy baby and a safe delivery.

5 comments:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

Yikes! We are praying for a smooth delivery. Get some rest.
We love you all.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and the doctor....Can't wait to meet her!!! Love you guys!

Michelle said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you! After let me know when you're ready for me to make a trip up and see you all!!

Melody said...

We'll be praying for you guys. Jaylen was born at 36 weeks, was 5 lb 10 oz & did great! Keep us posted!

captain kriss said...

36 weeks! That's a cake walk! Good luck.

kp