Thursday, September 3, 2009

What does she got that I don't.....and two week stats

Since starting Pre-K, Allie has taken up playing "teacher." Claire and Olivia, needless to say, have become her unfortunate students. Her favorite act is to play recess where she blows the whistle and all the kids are supposed to line up to come inside. (One of Olivia's recent birthday presents came with a nice little pink whistle that Allison swiped before the party was over). Well, if her trusty pupils don't line up, she sends them to time-out. You can see in the following picture that apparently these two didn't line up when the whistle was blown:


Now, the amazing thing about Allison's tactics is that she gets her sisters to STAY in time-out. And not only STAY in time-out, but they go there like it's the best place in the world. These are not the same children I take care of everyday. I'm pretty sure when I send someone to time-out, it is a completely involuntary action on their part (and there's usually a lot of crying, too). Anyway, maybe I should just take some lessons from a 4 year old....


On another note, Levi went in for his 2 week check-up today. He is doing great! He is up to 6 lbs 7 oz and he is 19.25 in tall. He is a great baby, just sleeps and eats and hardly ever fusses. So here is a picture from today, doing what he does best :)



10 comments:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

Hillarious!

AuntieAimee said...

Sweet pictures! Seems to me I remember a sister who liked to play bossy teacher . . . who was that?

Anonymous said...

How funny! Maybe you should get a pink whistle. Good Job Levi! He is doing great! Love, Mama and Daddy

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

She may have been bossy, but all of her pupils learned how to read, didn't they?

Anna said...

firstborns....

Anonymous said...

I think you should invest in the pink whistle and maybe it will work for you....

Anonymous said...

These pictures are precious, Anna.
Glad Levi is doing so good and your girls are so precious. What a book of stories you will have.
Wanetta

Michelle said...

Hey! I can't find your email, I think I had it, but we're coming on Saturday! I can't wait to see all of you! I know it'll be a busy day, but do you want me to take some pictures before the shower? Just let me know. We can come as early as you want us too! Let me know! michelle@michellenorth.com

Amy L. said...

I am sorry that I won't be able to come to the shower! I am going to Dallas to see Julie and Davita for a girls weekend. I am sending a present with mom though. I will have to meet precious Levi another day.

Lisa said...

I'm just now getting a chance to catch up on your blog!! A boy!!! wow! What a great surprise!! that is awesome! I'm sure Charlie's estactic! ha! Well, I'm very happy for you! Good luck with 4! You're a brave Momma!