She's about the most interesting person to talk about at the moment. She has started her day off with some fever, runny nose and nonstop cough. So after a nice dose of Tylenol she is feeling better. She is actually sitting in my lap as I type this. She is going through this strange sleeping phase (well, for about the last couple of months) where she gets up in the night, usually 3 or 4 times. So usually I march her back to bed. Well, recently, she gets mad when I send her back to bed. So now, when she comes to our room, I just tell her to go back to bed and I don't get up. Being the smart girl that she is, now she just comes equipped with her pillow and blanket and she makes herself a bed on the floor next to our bed. I haven't quite decided what to do with her now. She doesn't do it every night, but she seems to do it in little spurts. She did stay in bed all night last night, so we'll see what today.
From the lips of Olivia:
Hingleburg: hamburger
Wipertowel: papertowel or toilet paper
5 comments:
Abby still comes in and sleeps on beside our bed sometimes. I figure she just needs to be close to us for awhile.
Jadon still wakes up at night and says he has bad dreams. I tell him its okay and to go back to bed and he turns his light on and sleeps hard. She is a sweetheart hope you get to sleep all night tonight. Jamie
She probably just wants some quiet time with mom and dad without baby brother interrupting. Surely she'll get tired of sleeping on the floor one of these days. Try offering her a hingleburger if she'll stay in her own bed!
From a mom whose son slept on the floor beside her bed on a makeshift pallet off and on until he was six, I can offer no words of advice, except that this too shall pass. (He now sleeps in his own room with the door shut - no light or noise please!). At least Olivia's the only one . . .for now . . .Hang in there!
It's hard to believe right now, but someday you will miss these precious days. Love you all, Mama
Post a Comment