Tuesday, October 21, 2008

And she's off...

If you heard loud weeping and nashing of teeth last night, have no fear. It was simply Olivia spending her first night without her pacifier. I finally got tough and took it away. I kept telling myself that I'd just wean her off it, but let's get real, there is no weaning off when it comes to the pacifier. You just gotta yank it! The night before she woke up 4 or 5 times b/c she kept losing the darn thing so I decided that it was rediculous to keep letting her have it and continue depriving both of us of sleep. So with one full day behind us, she is doing fine. She just went down for her nap and she only cried about 5 minutes which is much improved from yesterday. And, she only woke up once last night (although she cried for about 15 or 20 minutes). This too shall pass, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this too shall pass. I applaud you, Annie. Luv, Mama

Candice said...

Anna,
We had to do the same thing with our 3 month old. He sleeps through the night now! We had to reintroduce it for our move to North Carolina (you would understand that...cross country move, long car ride etc). It is gone from today on, though, and I know he will sleep through the night again!