Monday, August 4, 2008

All in a day's work...and a few thoughts on God

Computer acting up, pictures to come...

We started off a busy week today. We have VBS going on this week and Allie is starting two weeks of swim lessons. I am helping with making and serving snacks and the girls are doing all the VBS activities. Actually Olivia ended up crying most of the morning because we were intruding on her nap time. The education minister was nice enough to walk around (and around) with her, then put her to sleep by walking her in the stroller. He said they had become good friends by the end of the morning. Good thing, tomorrow is round two. So after VBS we hightailed it to swim lessons at the local pool. Allie has a thirty minute session everyday for two weeks. Today they started with the basics, jumping in, putting their head under, the butterfly, the backstroke, etc... just kidding. Anyway, she had a good time and is looking forward to tomorrow.



"Mom, why does the policeman have to open our car?????"

Since Claire didn't get to swim when Allie did, I told them we would get some lunch, then go back to the pool so we could all swim for a while. We went to McDonalds, then headed over to a park adjacent to the pool so we could eat our food. After we ate, I went back to the car to get our swimming gear and realized a big problem, No Keys. So I conveniently set everything down and proceeded to take everything out of my bag looking for the keys. After about five minutes of checking and rechecking and being questioned over and over by Allison about what I was doing, I was just resigned to the fact that I must have locked my keys in the car. So off we marched to the pool house to call a locksmith. One problem, Cheney is a small town and apparently there is no locksmith. So one of the girls working at the pool offered to call her parents who were both city police, so she got the phone number for the police station and said they would probably be able to help me out. I called and about ten minutes later a cop showed up. After I signed a damage waiver, he looked inside and said "your's looks pretty easy." Famous last words. About thirty minutes later, he was successful and even set the alarm off. While all of this was happening, Claire and Olivia were sitting in the grass fighting over left over french fries and Allie was pressing me over and over about why the policeman had to open our car for us. The policeman asked if I knew where me keys were and I told him no, that I thought I had left them beside one of the car seats. So once the doors were open, I searched the whole car frantically for the keys (the alarm is still going off mind you and the everybody and their dog is watching). The cop was nice enough to sit in the grass with the girls showing them all his cool stuff. I finally gave up looking in the car and backtracked to where we had eaten. About twenty feet from the car, I see my keys just laying in the grass, "Man, you are lucky," he tells me. So we gave a big thanks to our new friend and we went on our way.

We did finally make it to the pool. They actually have a really nice pool and they have a wading pool for little kids that is free of charge (we'll probably be hitting that up a lot). By 3:30 we called it a day and headed home. Tomorrow we do it again, hopefully we won't have to involve the police.



A few thoughts on God... by a 3 year old



Me: "Allie, do you know your memory verse from Bible class?"

Allie: "Nooo..."

Me: "It's 'You are God,' can you say that?"

Allie: "Who's God, Mom? Am I God?"

Me: "No Allie, you are not God."

Allie: "Mom, why you just tell me something?"

Me: "I don't know Allie. I just don't know."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Anna!
I just found your blog! Great to see pics of the girls and hear how things are going for you! I'm glad you started a blog--this is a great way to keep in touch! I have one too...it is not a public blog, so if you want to read it, send me your email and I will add you to the list! Talk to you later! Lisa