Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Horton Hears a Who"

We survived our first movie in a theater. There is an old theater in Spokane that they've turned into a dollar ( 3 dollar) theater. They show pretty current movies, then on weekdays they have specials. This morning they were showing "Horton hears a Who" for free. We went with some friends from church. I decided that we'd try it since it was free, that way if we had to leave I wouldn't be losing much. They had those old theater seats that are short and of course fold up. Claire and another little girl named Allison (same age as Claire) were sharing a seat. Even with both of them in the seat, they weren't heavy enough to keep the seat down. So they had a good time bouncing the seat up and down. Olivia stayed busy eating popcorn, but she made it through a lot better than I thought she would. Allie seemed to enjoy herself, but when it was over, I asked her if she liked it and she said no, that it was too scary. Not sure about that one. I thought the movie was entertaining, especially for the price. It had Jim Carey and Steve Carell (sp?) for the main voices so you can imagine.

No comments: