Friday, August 1, 2008

"Boots" and a little sand does the body good...



Sunbathing beauties (this only lasted about 1 min, long enough to get a picture)
We made it to the lower 80's yesterday, turned out to be a nice day.


Meet Claire, a.k.a. Boots


For the past couple of weeks Allison has been renaming her sister. This week she has been "Boots." They pretend like Allie is the mom and Claire is the baby. So here they are; Allie is pushing Boots in the stroller. Claire goes along with most things Allie talks her into; good or bad. This game doesn't just last a few minutes; no, it's been going on all week, all day long. Allie wakes her up in the morning, tries to get her dressed, takes her to the bathroom. She's been trying to get her back in pull-ups (diapers as she calls it) and back on the pacifier. I had to put a stop to those. At night before bedtime Allie lays out clothes for both of them. She is definately a little mama.




I've decided that I'm a little too anal to be a fun mom. Part of that comes with being a dentist. I like my work to be neat, clean and orderly. So now that my kids are my work, I like them to be clean, look nice, and act nice (at all times). We bought the girls a sandbox a while back, but they hardly ever play in it cause I don't like cleaning up the mess. It wouldn't be so bad if they would just play with their buckets and shovels, but they dump it in each other's hair, down their clothes, in all their little bodily orifices, all over the porch, in the swimming pool. I know, I know... they are just little girls trying to have fun. I am really trying to lighten up so they can have a little fun. Yesterday I broke down and let Olivia play in it b/c she was really eyeing it. And you can see from the pictures... well you can see... Apparently it tastes pretty good, too. I did remove her after about five mouthfuls. I even tried the pacifier, but the sand obviously tasted better. I tried to rinse her mouth out, but eventually I just chalked it up to a little intestinal cleansing.

2 comments:

captain kriss said...

NICE!

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

Tell Claire to hang in there and that her Aunt Aimee (a.k.a "Beebee") survived my motherly attentions.
Love you,
Lisa